Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fitness centers can create energy

03.10.2009


Over the last few years, its been a boom time for Fitness Centers across India. I think the two top reasons for their booming business are 1) The increasingly stressful lives of the working population in India who get absolutely no physical exercise. 2) The improved quality of life and purchasing power of people in Urban India who can now afford to spend money on Fitness Centers. In my neighbourhood alone, I have seen over 10 fitness centers pop-up in the last few years from mid-range to truly luxurious.

Many an early morning and late evenings, I have seen groups of people pumping up their energy and burning their fat on treadmills. That's a lot of physical exercise and energy getting accumulated. A thought has hit me. How about using all the energy generated by these individuals at fitness centers and converting that to generate power, energy, electricity, etc, etc. I dont know the science of it. But, I can guess that there is enough collective energy that can be channelized to even just run the Fitness Centers without the use of external sources of electricity or energy.

I am reminded of how buffaloes are tied to a pulley and move round a well to draw water from wells to irrigate farmlands. Well, the energy is anyway getting created on the treadmill. Maybe, we can convert that energy into something useful.

A idea waiting to happen here!

No comments:

Popular Posts