Friday, May 31, 2013

I Re-Imagine

A little tired
In contemplation
I swing from peace to restlessness
Doubt and uncertainty
clound my thoughts

With mixed emotions
I walk by South Bank
Watching the lights 
London comes alive
as darkness engulfs

In a distant,
I hear strumming
a street musician
deep in his music
plays the guitar
my heart listens
in silence.

A few songs later
as I start to walk by
I hear a familiar tune
I stop in my tracks

Its 'Imagine'
he heard my heart's turmoil
He plays The Song
That has defined me
defined my journey
defined my dream

I re-remember
I re-Imagine

I re-build my faith
I re-Imagine

With peace my in heart
strength in my soul
I walk on. 

Imagine by John Lennon - The Lyrics

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below usAbove us only sky


Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countriesIt isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die forAnd no religion too

Imagine all the people living life in peace
You, you may say 

I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only oneI hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessionsI wonder if you canNo need for greed or hungerA brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people sharing all the world
You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only oneI hope some day you'll join usAnd the world will live as one

No comments:

Popular Posts