Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Space of Power Within

That exact moment when the noise of the world disappears and you connect to the soul of the world. That exact moment when one is immersed into the silence within and becomes an instrument of a larger purpose. That exact moment. In my life, I have had a few moments like that and that exact moment I had last week at the Opening Dinner of the Eisenhower Fellowship Program.

The stage had been set. I had spent a few days meeting, learning, sharing and interacting with some of the most inspiring people from across the world. I kept feeling the energy build up in me. Heightened sense of self-awareness and reflection were the order of the day.

On the evening of the Opening seminar, amongst other fellows, staff, trustees and sponsors of the program, I was given the honour to speak on behalf of all the fellows.

As I walked onto the stage, I wasn't sure what I would say. Preparations have never worked for me but unconsciously I believe, the message had started building within me. As I stood there, I went blank for the first few seconds. It was like meditation. I met the inner soul and we became one. Over the next 5 minutes, as I spoke, I knew it was not coming from my conscious being. It was a voice from deep within that came from the space of guts and feelings. As I completed my speech, I realized I was shaking and shivering. I was on the verge of tears that I held back. As I sat on the seat, the world came back into my consciousness and I heard applause, I heard compliments and a few people came over to hug me. I was still shaken and deep down I knew, what I said came from the space of my soul, from the oneness I experienced with the world. It was the most beautiful space. I realized I was shaking because I had just experienced something very profound. A place within me that is the storehouse of magic. A place within me that can help me achieve something extraordinary. A place where I spoke from a higher self to a higher self in the audience.

Over the next few days and even as I write this, I am still processing that experience and I am wondering if I have the power to go deep into that space of magic whenever I wish to. What was it about that experience that unlocked this magic for me. How can I surround myself with people or environments in which I can experience this deep space within, more often and more actively. Can I also use this power to create transformative experiences for others I come in contact with?

I do know now. It exists within. I believe it will require slowness, mindfulness and silence to unlock that space of transformation again. It will require shutting out the noise and listening to the soul of the world. The place of wisdom in our life. The place where we connect with the supreme being and become an instrument of its message.

I felt humbled and grateful. I felt I had received a gift of profound wisdom. 

2 comments:

Neeru said...

Congratulations, Vishal. I'm looking forward to reading your blog and being inspired by the work you do! All the Best!

Unknown said...

Wow moment...! As i was reading I kept imaging the pic you had posted on FB on the day. I can understand what a moment in life it must be. Happy to read this.
Thanks for inspiring the generations with your work and words.
Thanks!

Popular Posts